Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Your Access To and Control Over Information
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
If you leave a comment on the Sites or the App you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Sites or the App, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Embedded Content and Links to Other Sites
Consistent with the United States Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), the Sites are not directed at children and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) years.
We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
If you are a parent or guardian and believe that your child has provided Personal Information to the Sites or the App without your consent, for example – by misrepresenting their age, please notify us.
What Personal Information Do We Share with Third Parties?
We may share your Personal Information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf, including processing credit card payments, and providing automated spam detection services. These service providers may have access to Personal
Information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, report, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce the terms and conditions that apply to our Site or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy. Any future companies to whom we may work with will be consistent with our own privacy policies.
Some of the Sites use Google Analytics and AdPlugg, an advertising analytics service. Your data is collected and analyzed by Google Analytics. Your IP address (the location of your computer on the internet) and other identifying information is anonymized before it is sent to Google Analytics. We have opted not to track information about you that can be used to create a demographic and interest-based profile.
AdPlugg tracks ad impressions and click-throughs (if the ad is loaded and/or clicked), and does not collect specific information about you.
If you leave a comment on the Sites, you have the option for the comment and its metadata to be retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. When leaving your comment, you may also opt for our site not to retain your metadata.
We do not collect your personal information, beyond what we keep from contact forms and comments. We use industry-standard tools to prevent website hacking.
Because your information is anonymized before it is sent to Google Analytics and AdPlugg, we believe there is little incentive for our website to be hacked, and no danger of loss of your personal information, should a data breach occur.
Some of the Sites use the plugin Smush. Smush sends images to the WPMU DEV servers to optimize them for web use. This includes the transfer of EXIF data. The EXIF data will either be stripped or returned as it is. It is not stored on the WPMU DEV servers.
Smush uses a third-party email service (Drip) to send informational emails to the site administrator. The administrator’s email address is sent to Drip and a cookie is set by the service. Only administrator information is collected by Drip.
Questions and Complaints: